Basic electrical theory and safety
Overview and content
This five-day, classroom-based course covers a broad range of topics, including:
- Common electrical quantities
- Circuit types and design, series, parallel
- Common conductors and insulators
- Ohms Law
- AC and DC calculations
- Types of electricity supply
- Single phase, Three phase
- Earthing arrangements, types and conductor size
- Safe isolation methods
- Distribution boards
- Consumer control units
- Residual current devices
- Electric Shock
- Permit to work procedure
- Electrical measurement and testing
- Termination and fuses
- Circuit breakers.
Learners will cover the fundamentals of electrical theory and safety (see overview and content section for more details), and leave with a college certificate in electrical theory and safety.
No set entry criteria, the course is open to all.
Dates, fees and booking
The course can be arranged on demand, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and to book.